Splunk Enterprise Security

When creating ES rules I get this error - "Search could not be updated: Argument "schedule_priority" is not supported by this handler."

bscavotto

I cannot find any literature on it or an explanation. Does anybody recognize this and know how to remedy?

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Whats your version of Splunk Core and ES?

0 Karma

qbolbk59
Path Finder

@lakshman239 I am running Splunk 7.2.1 with ES 5.2

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

ok, I am on 7.0.3 with ES 5.1.1 still and don't see any issue. This comes from schedule_priority setting in the savedsearches.conf . Could you try the following?

1. As admin user, can you try to edit (any dummy changes will do) any of the correlation searches that comes with ES? Are you seeing any errors when saving it?
  2. do the above step 1 as non-admin user and are you seeing any diff behaviour?

This could indicate any issues with permissions/roles/capabilities to user.

0 Karma

qbolbk59
Path Finder

i am also getting the same error while creating a correlation search. Infact i get the same error when i try to create an alert in Splunk enterprise suite.
I think it's because of some sort of issue with the Scheduler. Just thinking out loud.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...