symantec:ep:agent:file
symantec:ep:scan:file
symantec:ep:agt_system:file
symantec:ep:security:file
symantec:ep:risk:file
symantec:ep:scm_system:file
symantec:ep:proactive:file
symantec:ep:policy:file

In my dedicated index "Symantec" i can see events about symantec:ep:scan:file, which supposed to be normalized to "Malware" datamodel according to the docs docs.
I can also see the "malware" tag, as well as the "attack" tag.
For some reason, when i query the datamodel, i don't see any sign for symantec logs.
The Intrusion Detection datamodel for example, does has symantec logs .

Can anyone help me figuring this out ?

Thanks !!

lakshman239
Influencer

Is the issue resolved now? if so could you accept the solution, else provide further inputs so we can assit.

0 Karma

astatrial
Contributor

Hi,
I have some issues to implement your suggestion, but as soon as i will try it, i will update the question.

Thanks !

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

You need to configure the index/sourcetypes to be used in the datamodel.

In the Enterprise Security App, navigate to Confgure->CIM Setup and select your Intrusion detection and add your index there. You need to do the same for other datamodels as well as per https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/SymantecEP/Sourcetypes

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...