Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk PCI App Notable Events no longer being generated or web page available

mux
Explorer

We recently upgraded our Splunk installation from 6.1.6 to 6.4.1 As part of the follow up work around this we needed to upgrade our PCI App from 2.1.1. to 3.0.1 to 3.1.0, now that everything is upgraded the Notable Events pages in the PCI app does not render in the web browser, or generate events currently. We have tried several different browsers but nothings shows up for Configure -> Incident Management -> New Notable Event, just a title and a blank white test bar in the middle of the page so we cannot even see the notable events except thru the settings menu. Seeing if anyone else has seen this?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are we sure you're in Splunk_DA-ESS_PCICompliance? Also, I think Enterprise Security Suite should not be visible.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you posted a sanitized (blur our corporate info) screen shot? Are all the apps enabled - I remember you disabled a TA during the upgrade issues you faced.

0 Karma

mux
Explorer

Name Folder name Version Update checking Visible Sharing Status Actions
PCI Compliance SplunkPCIComplianceSuite 2.1.1 Yes Yes Global | Permissions Disabled | Enable

PCI Compliance Install App SplunkPCIComplianceSuiteInstaller 2.1.1 Yes Yes App | Permissions Enabled | Disable Launch app | Edit properties | View objects | View details on SplunkApps

PCI Compliance Splunk_DA-ESS_PCICompliance 3.1.0 Yes Yes Global | Permissions Enabled Launch app | Edit properties | View objects | View details on SplunkApps

SA-AccessProtection SA-AccessProtection 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-AuditAndDataProtection SA-AuditAndDataProtection 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-EndpointProtection SA-EndpointProtection 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-IdentityManagement SA-IdentityManagement 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-NetworkProtection SA-NetworkProtection 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-ThreatIntelligence SA-ThreatIntelligence 3.7.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Set up | Edit properties | View objects

SA-UEBA SA-UEBA 4.1.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

SA-Utils SA-Utils 3.7.0 Yes No Global | Permissions Enabled | Disable Edit properties | View objects

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ew that formats nastily. I believe you had manually disabled one of the TAs to get through a support case. I wanted to make sure that one was since re-enabled. I do see that the 'PCI Compliance SplunkPCIComplianceSuite 2.1.1' app is disabled. Is that desired/intentional?

Lastly, I'm still interested in seeing the screenshot of the symptom you described where "the PCI app does not render in the web browser or generate events"

0 Karma

mux
Explorer

I do see this error in the web log as well with a 404 error trying to access the correlation searches

"GET /en-US/custom/SA-ThreatIntelligence/correlation_searches/get_searches?output_mode=json&count=-1&namespace=Splunk_DA-ESS_PCICompliance&_=1467911199246 HTTP/1.1" 404 1376 "https://splwwwsec01.llbean.com:8000/en-US/app/Splunk_DA-ESS_PCICompliance/ess_content_management" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)" - 577e8c207d7f258c2db8d0 8ms

0 Karma

gfreitas
Builder

I have a similar problem but not with this app, it was with the hole splunk. I could just saw the data using the private navigation on my browser. Maybe you can try that also

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...