Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Why does Inputlookup (kvstore) not showing all available fields?

ernieyee

Splunk Enterprise version is 6.5.2

kvstore correlationsearches_lookup is defined in app SA-ThreatIntelligence (version 4.5.0) which is part of Enterprise Security (version 4.5.0).

The definition of correlationsearches_lookup is as below in :

alt text

But the command | inputlookup correlationsearches_lookup and | inputlookup correlationsearches_lookup | transpose | table column only shows 10 of 15 available fields.

alt text

May I know why the remaining 5 fields does not show in the result?
Is it possible to show all 15 fields in the result?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If fields do not return any values in the search, the field will not show on the search results screen by default. I suspect the fields you mention are be default null so that is why they are not showing. If you issue a |table rule_name default_status default_owner, you will see those fields forced out as columns, but I suspect they are null. Looking in correlation_searches.conf in the SA-ThreatIntelligence, you will see by default the default_status and default_owner are null fields.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If fields do not return any values in the search, the field will not show on the search results screen by default. I suspect the fields you mention are be default null so that is why they are not showing. If you issue a |table rule_name default_status default_owner, you will see those fields forced out as columns, but I suspect they are null. Looking in correlation_searches.conf in the SA-ThreatIntelligence, you will see by default the default_status and default_owner are null fields.

0 Karma

ernieyee

That's the case.
Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...