Splunk Enterprise Security

SPLUNK ES Notable Event Closure

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When closing a notable event in SPLUNK Enterprise Security, there are typically the following fields available

• Status
  • Change urgency
  • Owner
  • Description Summary/Notes

Is there a way to add a new field with a custom drop down into the closure of the notable event. For example (using the example above), I would create a new field called Category with a drop down list to select the type of category.

• Status
  • Change urgency
  • Owner
  • Category
  • Description Summary/Notes
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
Labels (1)

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

answers are not related to question. I think this is the problem after migration from answers.splunk.com to community.splunk.com 

————————————

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your upgrade path will not be direct. You will need to upgrade ES to version 5 before installing ES 6. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Installation/HowtoupgradeSplunk#Upgrade_paths_to_... for the path to upgrade ES.

Be sure to run the Splunk Platform Readiness app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4698/) before installing Splunk 8 to make sure all of your Python scripts will be compatible.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks @richgalloway for quick response.

Yes I understand my upgrade path is not direct.

The problem is first if I upgrade Splunk ES to 5.x it doesn’t support Current version of Enterprise or

First If I upgrade Splunk Enterprise to lets say 7.3.3 Then ES current version doesn’t support.

I am now confused what to upgrade first.

————————————

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ES can run on an unsupported version of Splunk for a short time. "Short" means "until we upgrade again later today".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...