Splunk Enterprise Security

RBAC for Notable events?

jack_lang

Hi,

Imagine the role `A` has access to index=foobar, but roles 'B' and 'C' do not. Imagine Splunk Enterprise Security creates a notable event / alert based on data in index=foobar. Is it possible to ensure only members in 'A' can see the alert, and 'B' and 'C' cannot? How?

More broadly, is this possible outside of Enterprise Security too? How?

Appreciate any help!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

In general, as notable events are stored in a separate index (called "notable"), the permission for the indexes for the original events doesn't apply anymore. However, I guess you could add the index field from the original events to the notable event, call it e.g. "original_index", and then create a search filters for different user groups, so that for example users with access to index "foobar" can only see notable events with "original_index=foobar".

I'm not sure how this would work for incidents in Splunk ES though, as I understand that viewing incidents in the "Incident Review" in Splunk ES is not the same as looking up events from the notable index per se, and that search filters might not apply here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...