Splunk Enterprise Security

Merging result of inputlookup file with subsearch to get required results

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

i have one csv file which contains device name location data , i need to get count of all the device name location wise.
and then i am trying to get malware count and spyware count on the infected machines for one of indexed data as below but this search is not working "" Error in 'stats' command: The argument 'index=abc' is invalid"" if i remove inputlookup first line i will get results but i wont get total no of computers . how should i merge these two requirement .

|inputlookup xyz.csv | stats count("Device Name") as Total_Computers by Location
index=abc | search TMCM:SLF_INCIDENT
|lookup xyz.csv "Device Name" as nodename OUTPUT Location
| stats count(nodename) as InfectedComputers count(signature) as MalwareCount
count(Spyware) as Spywarecount by Location
| table Total_Computers,Location,InfectedComputers, MalwareCount, Spywarecount

0 Karma
1 Solution

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @SunilMaharishi
try this

|inputlookup xyz.csv | stats count("Device Name") as Total_Computers by Location|appendcols [search index=abc | search TMCM:SLF_INCIDENT
count(Spyware) as Spywarecount by Location ]
Thanks
Harish

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @SunilMaharishi
try this

|inputlookup xyz.csv | stats count("Device Name") as Total_Computers by Location|appendcols [search index=abc | search TMCM:SLF_INCIDENT
count(Spyware) as Spywarecount by Location ]
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

i tried using append command and that is giving correct result , little bit modified the search though

0 Karma

SunilMaharishi
Path Finder

i tried using this , however i am getting the total computers and location but" InfectedComputers, MalwareCount, Spywarecount " is blank and not having any values

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...