Splunk Enterprise Security

Making Dashboard from Incident Review Search or Making Dashboard from Investigation

Aroot002
Path Finder

So I'm sorry if this is a rather stupid question, but I have been thrown into creating a dashboard and I've only taken a couple virtual courses on Splunk and I don't remember this being covered. I know how to create dashboards from searches, however I need to create a dashboard from something I'm pulling up through the incident review search, or if I group the events into an investigation create a dashboard from those results. 

Alternatively, is there a way to figure out exactly what the search string of the index review is using, as if there is I would know how to go from there, but I've tried doing searches through the indexes and sources I feel are most commonly used and I can't get the results I get in incident review.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I assume you're talking about Enterprise Security.

There are a couple of starting points.  The `notable` macro will give you notable events from the index.

`notable`

Also if you look in the Security Posture dashboard, you will see the 'Top Notable Events' panel, which has a search you can expand to see where the data is coming from.

Note that the notable macro will take data from the notable index, whereas the es_notable_events takes data from the es_notable_events lookup file.

You can always see what a search containing a macro expands to by pressing Ctrl-Shift-E or Cmd-Shift-E (Mac) and it shows what the full expanded search looks like with no macros.

Hope this gets you started.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...