Splunk Enterprise Security

Invalid account error when trying to access ES Sandbox instance URL?

gborg
Engager

Hi,

I just tried to deploy a Splunk ES Sandbox and also registered a new account at the same time.
The flow was roughly as follows:

• I registered a user account
  • I received a Splunk ES Sandbox email with instance URL
  • I verified my email address
  • I attempted to access the URL but got this error:

https://exsso.splunk.com/idp/SSO.saml2

Error
Unexpected System Error
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact your administrator for assistance and provide the reference number below to help locate and correct the problem.
Reference#: wcexsv

I attempted to access the instance from my account when logged in on Splunk.com and got a 404 stating Invalid Account in URL.

I would appreciate some help as I'm eager to try out Splunk.

ppablo
Retired

Hi @gborg and @jackied

My name is Patrick and I'm a Community Manager at Splunk. Thank you both for reporting this error you're hitting trying to access your ES sandboxes, and apologies you had to experience that!

I escalated this issue internally and teams are investigating now. Seems to be a reproducible issue. For the time being, the workaround that has worked for the team is clearing the browser cache. Doing that has gotten them past the "Unexpected System Error" and were able to access the sandbox again. Please try that for now and let me know if that works. I can update more here once the team resolves the underlying issue.

Thanks!

Patrick

jackied
Engager

same here.
actually my instance was working perfectly and then stopped working in the middle of my evaluation and started giving this error.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...