Splunk Enterprise Security

How to write Asset and Identity configuration?

hieuba6868
Explorer

I have 2 sourcetype WinHostMon and wineventlog with Splunk add-on for Microsoft windows. After doing Asset and Identity configuration in Splunk ES. the lookup file is fine and I can see the results with the search command:

| inputlookup test_assets2.csv

and Asset Lookup information is also displayed in ES > Security Domains > Identity > Asset Center dashboard.
But there is a problem that the enrichment fields for data like dest_asset, dest_asset_id, ... only appear in the WinHostMon sourcetype. Can someone help me pls?
Thank you very much!

0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Hi @hieuba6868 ,

Write your first part of search to fetch from WinHostMon sourcetype and later on using a common denominator field write a stats command to correlate the information from lookup/wineventlog.
Or you can write a join query to fetch data from the 2 sourcetypes, whichever one is feasible and not resource taxing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...