Splunk Enterprise Security

How to filter data in an input lookup table?

pbdiggins
Explorer

Hey Splunk People,

I'm running a search against a CSV file:

|inputlookup "GSOCdata_230717.csv" | fields source_address, destination_address, protocol_id, destination_port, psrsvd_gc | stats sum(psrsvd_gc) as count by source_address, destination_address, protocol_id, destination_port

This builds a table w/ the specified data types contained in the CSV file. Can I filter my data to a smaller output table? I'd like to exclude certain IP addresses from the output of this command. I've tried using a CIDR notation of my address space, but it just chokes.. I've tried .. piping to "eval source_address=172.16.50.0/24" but it doesn't seem to like it..

Do you have a suggestion to do this? I worked around this by just building another CSV file with the data filtered to where I want to go, but it seems like this should be solvable in a more elegant way.

Thanks,

Paul Diggins

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can pipe | search source_address=172.16.50.0/24 to your search I order to filter the results

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

pbdiggins
Explorer

Thanks very much. This worked perfectly. I didn't know that you could pipeline another search like that... 

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can pipe | search source_address=172.16.50.0/24 to your search I order to filter the results

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.

pbdiggins
Explorer

Thanks very much. This worked perfectly. I didn't know that you could pipeline another search like that... 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...