Splunk Enterprise Security

How is the cron_schedule_map lookup in the SA-Utils app of Splunk Enterprise Security used?

jdeer0618
Explorer

There is a lookup in the SA-Utils app called "cron_schedule_map.csv" and I was wondering if any one out there knows how it is leveraged in ES. Attached is what the first few rows look like.

Thanks,
JD

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

This lookup exists only to provide information as to when searches run. It isn't really used for anything in the app (i.e. isn't used to drive scripts or searches).

The main reason it exists is to help people who are writing searches to find times that not filled with other searches running at the same time (so that you can space them out).

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

This lookup exists only to provide information as to when searches run. It isn't really used for anything in the app (i.e. isn't used to drive scripts or searches).

The main reason it exists is to help people who are writing searches to find times that not filled with other searches running at the same time (so that you can space them out).

jdeer0618
Explorer

Thanks, LukeMurphey. Just what I was looking for.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...