Splunk Enterprise Security

How can I view the source index where Splunk Enterprise Security take the event?

sami2

I need to know where i can view the source index of the event that Splunk Enterprise Security take to make an alert, because is showing me that is from risk index.

0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

If you want index to be included as a field in the incident itself, you could add "index" as an incident review event attribute.

Configure > Incident Management > Incident Review Settings > Incident Review - Event Attributes

For this to work you would also have to make sure that the index field is included in the output of your correlation searches as well. This would require edits to a lot of the out-of-the-box correlation searches that use the tstats command on data models.

0 Karma

xeaon
Explorer

It depends. Often alerts are fired based on the output correlation searches and these are usually baked by data models.

The easiest way would be to check if your incident review event has shows something like the original sourcetype. From there you should find the source index relatively quickly.

Another option would be to check the actual SPL in the given correlation search in each incident review event. You'll see, which datamodel/s is/are used to get the data from. From here, you could either look for the specific datamodels in your

Enterprise Security -> Configuration -> CIM Setup

or in

Global Settings -> Advanced Search -> Search Macros -> cim_[Datamodel]_indexes

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...