Splunk Enterprise Security

Grouping Notable Events from MLTK alerts

psohn5295
Loves-to-Learn

Hello fellow Splunkers,

So my team has recently implemented the MLTK to track outliers and deviations in network events across several devices. Although I didn't set up the MLTK myself, it is running a query over 5 min intervals to allow analysts to quickly scope deviations from the baseline (upperbound, etc). 

All of this is completely fine, however, when we invoke a Notable Event in ES we are left with 24 iterations of the Notable Event (The MLTK requires a 2-hour interval to create a new baseline). Each notable representing a 5 min interval.

I was wondering if there is any method to group or cluster these notables into a single Notable Event. We are currently throttling the notable to 1 invocation per hour but this is obviously not a permanent solution as it can cause us to miss alerts that fire within an hour of the previous iteration.

Any insight into this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lkutch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It sounds like you could use sequence templates:  https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.6.0/Admin/Sequencecorrelationsearches

Let me know if that helps. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...