Splunk Enterprise Security

Export Splunk Enteprise Security and move app to another server

b_chris21
Communicator

Hello everyone,

I have read the documentation about exporting Splunk ES content as an app:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/7.0.0/Admin/Export 

but the objects available I have to export are more than 250 that the dropdown allows me to select.

I would like to move ES app to another server with it's settings, custom menu, altered dashboards, datamodels etc included.

Is there a way to export it?

Thank you in advance.

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Karma

b_chris21
Communicator

Thank you both for your replies.

As far as I know, Splunk ES has more components like SA-IdentityManagement, SA-EndpointProtection, and apps starting with DA-ESS-***. What about them?

Which are the 100% necessary components of Splunk ES inside and outside the "apps" directory in order to continue operations after migration? That should also include lookups for "Assets and Identities", lookups that are created in kvstore, Splunk ES users and roles etc.

Is there a way to globally export all of them?

Thanks

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

I believe that everything that you would really need to export would be in

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/(your apps)/local/*

We have recently completed a whole distributed Splunk migration to a set of new servers and that was where most of the configurations were stored.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Close. That takes care of system-wide stuff. But you also need users' data. Similar wildcard but starting at $SPLUNK_HOME/users if I remember correctly.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...