Splunk Enterprise Security

Error When Using DNSLOOKUP Command

alonsocaio
Contributor

I`m trying to run a search using dnslookup.

index=MY_INDEX host=MY_HOST
| lookup dnslookup clienthost as host output clientip as ip_address

I run the search from one of my SH and from my Indexers and It runs successfully. But when the search runs in my other SH, I got the errors below:

[INDEXER_1] Could not find 'external_lookup.py'. It is required for lookup 'dnslookup'.
[INDEXER_1] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'lookup' command: Lookups: The lookup table 'dnslookup' does not exist or is not available.
[INDEXER_2] Could not find 'external_lookup.py'. It is required for lookup 'dnslookup'.
[INDEXER_2] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'lookup' command: Lookups: The lookup table 'dnslookup' does not exist or is not available.
[INDEXER_3] Could not find 'external_lookup.py'. It is required for lookup 'dnslookup'.
[INDEXER_3] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'lookup' command: Lookups: The lookup table 'dnslookup' does not exist or is not available.

All the configuration files in both Search Heads are the same. Does anyone have any tips about this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...