Splunk Enterprise Security

Enterprise Security: How to get a field break-down for a Web datamodel?

danielbb
Motivator

I'm looking at the Web datamodel and try to determine which fields are populated.

I can do :
| tstats dc(sourcetype) FROM datamodel=Web by sourcetype
and | tstats count(sourcetype)
FROM datamodel=Web by sourcetype
or
| tstats count(Web.status) FROM datamodel=Web by Web.status

but I like to see a breakdown of all the fields in this datamodel.

Is it possible?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can refer to the Common Information Model documentation. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CIM/4.13.0/User/Web.

0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

I know the field names @ChrisG, if this is what you meant, but I like to see a breakdown of the fields, since there are quite a bit of them.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "breakdown." The doc lists the field names, data type, description, and example values. Can you clarify your question, to help the community answer better?

0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

Sure, I would like to see which fields are populated with which values across all the fields which are available in this datamodel, without examining each field individually. I hope it's clear.

0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

I guess the pivot is a good place to explore the datamodel.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...