Splunk Enterprise Security

Datamodel status building since long

snigdhasaxena
Communicator

I have Email datamodel that ships alongwith Splunk ES. It's in building status and it's accelerated too. How to troubleshoot it ?
Does it depends on any lookups ? after checking constraints, I can see macros and tags.. and no lookups.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you configured indexes for Email datamodel (It's in CIM app setup page). By default CIM datamodels will try to read data from all indexes, so as best practice it will be good to limit datamodel for required indexes only.

snigdhasaxena
Communicator

When I look at constraints, it has macro that has definition , index=NULL, I was suspecting that's the error.. so I had changed the constraint to index=* but it still doesn't work

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need to specify only those indexes which required for that datamodel, index=* will search all the indexes and due to that it takes long time to complete search and this will result in datamodel is in build state.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...