Splunk Enterprise Security

CIM: event goes to node All_Changes instead of All_Changes.Endpoint_Changes

dominikatvastli
Explorer

Hi,

I want to see my data in the ES dashboard Security Domains -> Endpoint -> Endpoint Changes.

I created the following things:

props.conf with CIM compliant field aliases.

eventtypes.conf

[MyEventType]
search = index=MyIndex sourcetype=MySourcetype

tags.conf

[eventtype=MyEventType]
change=enabled
endpoint=enabled

I can successfully search the events with tag=change and tag=endpoint. I can also successfully search the data with the data model constraint (`cim_Change_indexes`) tag=change NOT (object_category=file OR object_category=directory OR object_category=registry) tag=endpoint.

However, the dashboard stays empty. When I manually execute one of the dashboard searches | `tstats` append=T count from datamodel=Change.All_Changes where nodename="All_Changes.Endpoint_Changes" I get not results. When I change nodename="All_Changes.Endpoint_Changes"  to nodename="All_Changes" I see my events.

So the question is, what do I need to do to get my events in the node All_Changes.Endpoint_Changes?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

@dominikatvastli  - Perhaps this could help, to understand the dependency on the datamodel for each dashboard. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.6.0/Admin/Dashboardrequirements .  You normally don't need to include the index=MyIndex in your eventtypes.conf,  sourcetype alone will do, unless you want the index. Also, I assume the index is added to the Spunk_SA_CIM/local/macros.conf for cim_Change_indexes.

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello @dominikatvastli ,

Can you try with this instead:

| tstats allow_old_summaries=t append=T count from datamodel=Change.All_Changes where nodename="All_Changes.Endpoint_Changes"

Let me know if this helps.

S

***If this helped, please accept it as a solution. It helps others to find the solution for similar issues quickly.***

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...