Splunk Dev

app TA-eStreamer's "splencore.sh test" got Import Error: undefined symbol: SSL_state

juakashi

I install Splunk on Ubuntu and installed Splunk app called Cisco eStreamer client. How can I fix the issue?

I configure Cisco Firepower Management Center and Splunk according to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXM5PVkvH8&t=104s&ab_channel=CiscoSecureFirewall

I got an error:
root@platform-dns:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore# ../splencore.sh test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./estreamer/preflight.py", line 33, in <module>
import estreamer.crossprocesslogging
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from estreamer.connection import Connection
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/connection.py", line 23, in <module>
import ssl
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
ImportError: /opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: SSL_state

0 Karma

bookenist
Loves-to-Learn

@juakashi  before executing the ./splencore.sh test command
You need to make a couple of
export SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib

After that you can continue Validate & Test the Connection

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@juakashi - Please check the following things:

• Ensure you have the latest version of the Add-on.
  • Ensure you put the certificate as described and in the described path.
  • Ensure the certificate file permissions are proper. (chmod) 600 for public cert files and 400 for private key files.
  • Ensure the environment paths are set properly as described in the video.

I hope this helps!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...