Splunk Dev

Why is my custom sendemail script not working in Splunk 6.1.2 and not showing any errors?

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi ,

I am using Splunk 6.1.2 version, I have a requirement to add custom messages to the sendemail.py script like adding a logo etc. I have modified the script and kept in the script in my app directory "MYAPP/bin/local_sendemail.py" . local_sendemail.py is the script edited by me.

point here is this seems to be not working in Splunk 6.1.2 version . I have included the following in commands.conf as well as below.

// commands.conf settings

[sendemail]
filename = local_sendemail.py
streaming = false
run_in_preview = false
passauth = true
required_fields =
changes_colorder = false
supports_rawargs = true

I have used the same earlier in Splunk 4.3.2 and it's working. Now modified the existing latest script in Splunk 6 and its not working.

Is commands.conf deprecated in Splunk 6.x , or is there is something i need to do to make the script work?

earlier question w.r.t splunk 4.3.2 posted by me

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/95735/sendemail-external-search-command-sendemail-returned-error-c...

Present script in splunk 6.1.2 is not even throwing any error. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks.
Rakesh.

chris
Motivator

Were you able to solve this?

0 Karma

mwk1000
Path Finder

If it is modified from the original you can look in python.log (in the default logs dir )

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can find the log of your custom script wherever your custom script logs to.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

commands.conf is not deprecated. To see what's going wrong you should check your custom script's log.

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

custom script log ?? where can i find that ??

0 Karma

jitsinha
Path Finder

have a look ta this
index = _internal sourcetype="splunk_python"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...