Splunk Dev

The Splunk Manage App throws the Splunk forbidden 404 error when I try to test the credentials

vijreddy30
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi Team,

Created test user and assign the viwer  role, and login to test Credentials and select the manage app setting operation  , it displayed the Splunk 404 Forbidden Error window displayed  again click here option displayed in the window  again click and login credentials and click the manage setting working .

How to overcome the 404 Forbidden Error? please help me.

Regards,

Vijay .K

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@vijreddy30 - which role have you assigned to the User? It seems your user don't have access to that page.

Usually only admin has access to that page.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

vijreddy30
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I had provided the Read access for test user.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@vijreddy30 - There is no concept of "Read access" in Splunk. In Splunk terms, you have to assign role which consist of capabilities.

This document describes all the capabilities - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Security/Rolesandcapabilities 

BTW, I don't think you can create a role/user that has only read access based on available capabilities. But you try updating capabilities to that role to see if any combination capabilities. See if any combination works for you.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...