Splunk Dev

Splunk Bar Chart Colors

harishfysx
Engager

Hi I am fairly new to Splunk , thank you in advance if you can help me...:)

My goal is to log the service response duration each time a ESService is called. The ESService value can be anything. In the table format below I am able to see which service is being hit and the duration .

But in the visualization section, all the events showing the same color, Is there anyway to show different color for each ESService . For example , when ESBusinessrep blue, for ESPerson red etc.(dynamically there can be N number of service types). And when I hover on the bars they are showing time, and duration values only not the ESService. How to achieve this?

harishfysx_0-1710879098247.png

0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bar chart will give you a different colour for each series, so you would need to do something like

| chart max(duration) over _time by ESService

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bar chart will give you a different colour for each series, so you would need to do something like

| chart max(duration) over _time by ESService

0 Karma

harishfysx
Engager

Thank you bowesmana!.

Really appreciate your help on this.  

now I am greedy....

Can  I get query to get Max, Average, Minimum of each ESService?

0 Karma

harishfysx
Engager
transaction transactionId startswith="step=Before" endswith="step=After" | stats max(duration) as MaxRespTime avg(duration) as AvgRespTime min(duration) as MinRespTime by ESService

This should do it . 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us in this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...