Splunk Dev

Splunk Bar Chart Colors

harishfysx
Engager

Hi I am fairly new to Splunk , thank you in advance if you can help me...:)

My goal is to log the service response duration each time a ESService is called. The ESService value can be anything. In the table format below I am able to see which service is being hit and the duration .

But in the visualization section, all the events showing the same color, Is there anyway to show different color for each ESService . For example , when ESBusinessrep blue, for ESPerson red etc.(dynamically there can be N number of service types). And when I hover on the bars they are showing time, and duration values only not the ESService. How to achieve this?

harishfysx_0-1710879098247.png

0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bar chart will give you a different colour for each series, so you would need to do something like

| chart max(duration) over _time by ESService

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bar chart will give you a different colour for each series, so you would need to do something like

| chart max(duration) over _time by ESService

0 Karma

harishfysx
Engager

Thank you bowesmana!.

Really appreciate your help on this.  

now I am greedy....

Can  I get query to get Max, Average, Minimum of each ESService?

0 Karma

harishfysx
Engager
transaction transactionId startswith="step=Before" endswith="step=After" | stats max(duration) as MaxRespTime avg(duration) as AvgRespTime min(duration) as MinRespTime by ESService

This should do it . 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...