Splunk Dev

Searching Index error

agom390

I have been attempting to search my index on my linux vm. I have already added the data files associated with the corresponding index, however, when I go to search the index it keeps giving me an error of no events. Once I add the data again, it will find events but it will only last for one search. I'm not sure how to fix this error, I have followed all instructions on how to install indexes and the data but it's still not working. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the time picker against the time of the events you added.  It's possible the data is too old for the selected time window.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

agom390

I used the time picker for all time and it still doesn't show. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Try to use index=* on your query if it's in some other index than you are expecting.

One other issue could be that you haven't right to index where data is stored? Based on your question this is not an issue at this time (as you have seen some data).

Splunk's default is show newest events first in your query. If you want another order you must use sort.
r. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...