Splunk Dev

Multiple Timeline graphs on a single webpage Javascript SDK

jenks22222
Engager

I am attempting to display multiple timeline graphs on the same webpage via the JavaScript SDK. The first graph shows up, but the second one does not. In firebug, I can see both jobs get created, but only div id timeline-container0 is populated by a timeline graph. I wasn't sure if I am overwriting a variable or there is some type of race condition going on..... any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Code:

How to start a Splunk session

<link href="/examples/browser/resources/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="/examples/browser/resources/prettify.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/examples/browser/resources/timeline.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

<style type="text/css">

timeline-container0 {

height: 250px;
width: 500px;
}

timeline-container1 {

height: 250px;
width: 500px;
}

Timeline Graph 1

Timeline Graph 2

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jenks22222
Engager

Not sure if this is the best way to go about this ... but I got it to work by creating a second spunk.ui.timeline.js file and calling it in the second script which then generates the second timeline graph successfully.

Updated this line to point to the second version of spunk.ui.timeline:

var timelineToken = splunkjs.UI.loadTimeline("/client/splunk.ui.timeline2.js", function() {

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jenks22222
Engager

Not sure if this is the best way to go about this ... but I got it to work by creating a second spunk.ui.timeline.js file and calling it in the second script which then generates the second timeline graph successfully.

Updated this line to point to the second version of spunk.ui.timeline:

var timelineToken = splunkjs.UI.loadTimeline("/client/splunk.ui.timeline2.js", function() {

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...