Splunk Dev

How do i percentage for PROCESSED and STARTED on below query

vkari

index=ciaudit eventname=*
| spath "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus"
| search "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus"=PROCESSED OR "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus"=STARTED
| rename "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus" as verificationStatus
| stats count by verificationStatus

I got the results like below in a tale formate....! but i need do add percentage for count results ...?

verificationStatus count
PROCESSED 2
STARTED 187

Stated /processed *100

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@vkari,

You might need to interchange the numerator and denominator to find the % of processed vs started.

Try,

| search "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus"=PROCESSED OR "EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus"=STARTED
| transpose header_field=verificationStatus column_name=perc |eval perc=round((PROCESSED/STARTED)*100,2)

Or if you want to keep the existing format,

| eventstats values(eval(if(verificationStatus=="PROCESSED",count,null()))) as _PROCESSED,values(eval(if(verificationStatus=="STARTED",count,null()))) as _STARTED
| eval perc=round((_PROCESSED/_STARTED)*100 ,2)
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

vkari

Fist query not help to me second time you gave me and fist one its working fine

i need one more help !
index=audit eventName=501 |“EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus”=PROCESSED then here

| spath "EventStreamData.eventContext.startTime" | search "EventStreamData.eventContext.startTime"="*"

index=audit eventName=503 |"EventStreamData.eventContext.endTime" | search "EventStreamData.eventContext.endTime"="*"

and Stat time and end time average time

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If this solution answers this question, then do click Accept (and UpVote the other helpful comments and answers). If you have more/different questions, then the appropriate thing to do is to post new questions.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

If one of the solutions worked, please accept as answer/upvote.

Didnt understand your second question fully but you are
- trying to calculate average time of each "PROCESSED" job
- eventName=501 represents startTime and 503 represents endtime

Is that correct?

Do you have a job id or any other identifier to identify the PROCESSED jobs so that we can find the duration of each job and then an average?

Something similar to

index=audit (eventName=501 OR eventName=503 ) “EventStreamData.response.verificationStatus”=PROCESSED ('EventStreamData.eventContext.startTime'="*" OR 'EventStreamData.eventContext.endTime'="*")
|stats latest('EventStreamData.eventContext.startTime') as starTime,latest('EventStreamData.eventContext.endTime') as endTime bby jobId
|eval duration=endTime-starTime
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi @vkari

Try this

| makeresults 
| eval verificationStatus="PROCESSED", count =2 
| append 
    [| makeresults 
    | eval verificationStatus="STARTED", count =187] 
| eval{verificationStatus} = count 
| stats list(PROCESSED) as processed,list(STARTED) as started 
| eval percentage = started/processed*100
0 Karma

vkari

Nope it's wont work for me !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...