Splunk Dev

Getting error: Please select a shorter time duration for your query

ayushipaul
Engager

I’ve been running into an issue with the Splunk query which have been using since long time and seeing the following error message: “Please select a shorter time duration for your query,” even when I’m using a 5-minute time range.
I noticed that this error seems to pop up when we use latest=now() in our queries to get the most recent data.However, when I tried the same query with a specific time range, like earliest=-xxh@h latest=-xxh@h, it worked just fine.
Any ideas on why latest=now() might not be fetching results as expected? And if there is any resolution to working with latest=now()

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

have you check / asked it there is Splunk Workload management rules implemented for this search?

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...