Splunk Dev

Can we enable Compression algorithms snappy,zlib,std on Splunk HEC

anping_li

The vector Splunk_hec_log [1] support compression algorithms gzip,snappy,zlib and zstd.   It seems the server splunk HEC  only supports gzip(I am using docker.io/splunk/splunk 9.2).  Does splunk HEC  support snappy,zlib or zstd? Is this possible to enable this algorithms beside of gzip?  

[1] https://vector.dev/docs/reference/configuration/sinks/splunk_hec_logs/#compression

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As my colleague used to say - "Try and see". Set up a HEC input and try to push a few requests using different compression methods.

As far as I remember, there are no settings for selectively enabling/disabling compression (methods) on HTTP level so you'll either hit something that Splunk can process or you'll get an error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...