Splunk Cloud Platform

What is this jQuery Upgrade Readiness Scan Notification?

splunkcol
Builder

Hello everyone,

I am again asking for your valuable help.

I received this notification by mail, which I do not understand at all.

I refer to the link you share for documentation and I am still lost.

I don't know if I don't know anything or if Splunk assumes that everyone knows the tool from top to bottom.

Hello Splunk Admin,

The Upgrade Readiness App detected 2 apps with deprecated jQuery on the https://xxxxxx.splunkcloud.com:443 instance. The Upgrade Readiness App detects apps with outdated Python or jQuery to help Splunk admins and app developers prepare for new releases of Splunk in which lower versions of Python and jQuery are removed. For more details about your outdated apps, see the Upgrade Readiness App on your Splunk instance listed above.

To address the issues detected by the Upgrade Readiness App, work with app developers to update their apps to use only Python 3 or higher and jQuery 3.5 or higher.

For more information about addressing issues with outdated apps, removing lower versions of Python or jQuery, and how to manage these emails, see
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/URA.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Open the "Upgrade Readiness App" app on your Splunk Cloud search head and click on the "jQuery Scan" tab.  There you will find a list of apps that failed the jQuesy checks.  Click on each app to see the details.  For private apps, the dashboard will give the exact file containing the error.  The docs page referenced in email should provide enough information to correct the problem.  If it doesn't then post a more specific question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Open the "Upgrade Readiness App" app on your Splunk Cloud search head and click on the "jQuery Scan" tab.  There you will find a list of apps that failed the jQuesy checks.  Click on each app to see the details.  For private apps, the dashboard will give the exact file containing the error.  The docs page referenced in email should provide enough information to correct the problem.  If it doesn't then post a more specific question.

---
0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

Hello, thank you very much for replying

splunkcol_0-1679947032394.png

Do you know what "Search peer SSL config check" and "MongoDB TLS and DNS validation check" refers to?

splunkcol_1-1679947140127.png

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, both refer to settings we have no control over as Splunk Cloud users.  Submit a Support Request then click on each entry and click the "Dismiss Config" button to stop getting emails about them.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...