Splunk Cloud Platform

Symantec email security.cloud to Splunk Cloud

cnuguri_ncc
Path Finder

Hello,

I am looking to onboard Symantec email security.cloud  data to Splunk cloud, but the add-on seems not compatible/available on Splunk Cloud ( https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3830/ ), could someone please advise if there is another way ? 

I suppose using an on-prem HF for the add-on and forward data Splunk could work, although trying to avoid on-prem components if it is possible to onboard directly from IDM.

Thanks in advance.
Chaith

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The standard practice for onboarding data when a TA cannot be installed in Splunk Cloud is to use an on-prem heavy forwarder.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

cnuguri_ncc
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway 👍

I was hoping to hear that Symantec supports HEC or another way of forwarding logs, before taking the on-prem HF route. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AFAIK, Symantec does not support HEC, but you could write your own program/script that reads Symantec data and converts it to HEC.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...