Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Cloud free trial: Error when trying to access instance.

acastro74

I signed up for the Splunk Cloud free trial. It says I have an instance but when I try to access it, I get an error.
How do I try out Splunk Cloud?

0 Karma

Jasdeep
Explorer

sc_admin worked for me

0 Karma

malvidin
Communicator

The URL is visible from the Instances page, and you can also request a password reset from that page. But the username is not shown on that page. 
https://splunkcommunities.force.com/customers/apex/RMEC_InstancePage

I never got my the "Welcome to Splunk Cloud!" email, so I registered with a different email address, and that welcome got through. That included a username that worked on both instances.

You can try the cloud default usernames, like sc_admin, with the password sent in the password reset.
https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Cloud/sc-admin-cannot-login/td-p/519531

cdson
Explorer

I've had the same problem with the Cloud Trial along with the Enterprise Security Trial Sandbox. Didn't get any confirmation email with links to the sandbox or cloud version. I have the free core Splunk on my pc, but wanted to try out the other trials for experience.

0 Karma

BhanuAyikam
Engager

hey does anyone able to access splunk cloud? I am also on the same boat please help me in this.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check your registered email. You will definitely receive an email with subject “Welcome to Splunk Cloud!”

Where you will get URL, username , temporary password.

Splunk prompts you to change temporary password at first login. May be other users who are unable to access splunk cloud might have forgotten their password.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

phjou
Engager

Same here... I don't know if we're supposed to receive an email with the password, but I got nothing.

splunkpain

Did you ever figure this out?

I've already wasted enough time on this crappy onboarding UX...all the docs don't help, the splunk.com website hardly has any useful info and feels like a big upsell.

I hear good things about Splunk from my team but why is Splunk Cloud so painful? 

0 Karma

mh_enrique
Engager

I am also experiencing this issue. I created an account 2 days ago and have not been able to access the instance.

From the Instances page I click on the green Access Instance button and a new tab opens asking for user name and password. I enter the same credentials used to log into the free trial account but I just get Login failed.

splunkpain

Same. It's almost unbelievable what a terrible onboarding experience this whole process is.

0 Karma

emersonrta

How to trust on Splunk, if trial experience doesn´t work?

It´s a shame!!!!

0 Karma

MMZ_MLSFT
Observer

Two months ago I created an account to test the Cloud instance, but I never received the credentials or the Welcome email, so the trial expired.

Two months later, I was hoping the problem was already fixed, but .... after creating the new account, with a different email, I find myself in the very same situation.

I'm unable to test the instance, I have received no credentials, and I'm also in urgent need of selecting the log aggregator to use in a really big Company.

It's a shame that is was unable to test it, because I had great expectations, and I'll obviously be recommending to use other alternatives, such as ELK (which I was able to test) or AWS/AZURE related services.

Hope you solve this issue as soon as possible, it's not helping.

0 Karma

malvidin
Communicator

I understand the frustration, but the issue may be partially due to the email provider blocking the messages. I also hope that Splunk will help identify the root cause and help fix this issue.

Have you tried resetting the password for your instance and using the username above?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...