Splunk Cloud Platform

Search string and evaluate the string

agamnarendra
Explorer

I need to findout errorcodes from logs and segregate them. Below log file is one of example logs.

2021-06-08T05:42:29.141140+00:00 DEBUG html5client-v3[19206]: [xid@1192 xid=S2TF6U5T--7 cid=Arris-110_20F19EB3C050 did= sid=5kCrKTc-K-4 hid="19206"] CONSOLE:0 (null) - 06-08-2021 05:42:29.141 DEBUG (SGUI.VENONA_ANALYTICS){"action":"error","data":{"category":"error","triggeredBy":"application","errorCode":"GEN-1016","errorType":"application","errorMessage":"We're sorry, we're unable to load your subscription info. Please try again later. \nReference Code:  GEN-1016","success":false,

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "\"errorCode\":\"(?<errorCode>[^\"]+)"

View solution in original post

agamnarendra
Explorer

index=platform sourcetype=cloudtvapp NOT (host="*dev*")
| table errorCode cid

Thank you for quick response @ITWhisperer 

Its not printing the errorCode with respective cid value. Search and filter is happened but not printed with above search. Any inputs?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is cid being extracted automatically or do you need to extract as part of your search?

0 Karma

agamnarendra
Explorer

Below search was helped to get the desired out put. but need to errorType filter in "rex". Can you guide me

index=platform sourcetype=cloudtvapp NOT (host="*dev*" OR host="*zod*")
| search errorCode="*"
| stats count(errorCode) by errorCode host

cid was added automatically . But need to "errorType" and "errorMessage" with respective  filter in "rex". Can you guide me

Basically i need to add more than one field search in "rex"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=platform sourcetype=cloudtvapp NOT (host="*dev*" OR host="*zod*")
| rex "\"errorCode\":\"(?<errorCode>[^\"]+)\",\"errorType\":\"(?<errorType>[^\"]+)\",\"errorMessage\":\"(?<errorMessage>[^\"]+)"
| search errorCode="*"
| stats count values(errorType) as errorType values(errorMessage) as errorMessage by errorCode host

agamnarendra
Explorer

Thank you a lot

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Security Highlights: September 2022 Newsletter

September 2022 The Splunk App for Fraud Analytics (SFA) is now Splunk SupportedUse your existing Splunk ...

Platform Highlights | September 2022 Newsletter

September 2022 What’s New in 9.0 and How to UpgradeGet a walk through of what is new Splunk Enterprise 9.0 ...

Observability Highlights | September 2022 Newsletter

September 2022 Splunk Observability SuiteAccess to "Classic" SignalFx Interface Will be Removed on Sept 30, ...