Splunk Cloud Platform

Need to pass threshold value dynamically in a splunk macro

ssri1705
Observer

hello,

I have a splunk macro which is being used to alert for system saturation

when i am passing numeric values in the macro, i am getting the results and able to send alerts, however , if im trying to pass arguments in my macro, i stop getting any result and there is no error.

eventtype="nmon:performance" type=DF_STORAGE storage_used_percent>0 env::$env$| stats latest(storage_used_percent) as storage_used_percent by _time, frameID, host, env, mount | lookup nmon_alerting_threshold_template_filesystem frameID mount OUTPUT alert_fs_max_percent as template_alert_fs_max_percent, alert_fs_min_time_seconds as template_alert_fs_min_time_seconds | lookup nmon_alerting_threshold_filesystem frameID host mount OUTPUT alert_fs_max_percent as server_alert_fs_max_percent, alert_fs_min_time_seconds as server_alert_fs_min_time_seconds | eval default_alert_fs_max_percent="$threshold$", default_alert_fs_min_time_seconds="$time$" | eval alert_fs_max_percent=case(isnum(server_alert_fs_max_percent), server_alert_fs_max_percent, isnum(template_alert_fs_max_percent), template_alert_fs_max_percent, isnum(default_alert_fs_max_percent), default_alert_fs_max_percent), alert_fs_min_time_seconds=case(isnum(server_alert_fs_min_time_seconds), server_alert_fs_min_time_seconds, isnum(template_alert_fs_min_time_seconds), template_alert_fs_min_time_seconds, isnum(default_alert_fs_min_time_seconds), default_alert_fs_min_time_seconds), alert_threshold_source=case(isnum(server_alert_fs_max_percent), "server_thresholds", isnum(template_alert_fs_max_percent), "template_thresholds", isnum(default_alert_fs_max_percent), "default_threshold") | where (storage_used_percent>=alert_fs_max_percent) | lookup nmon_alerting_filesystem_global_exclusion mount OUTPUT exclude as global_exclude | lookup nmon_alerting_filesystem_template_exclusion frameID mount OUTPUT exclude as template_exclude | lookup nmon_alerting_filesystem_per_server_exclusion host mount OUTPUT exclude as host_exclude | fillnull value="false" global_exclude template_exclude host_exclude | where (global_exclude!="true" AND template_exclude!="true" AND host_exclude!="true") | stats latest(_time) as _time range(_time) as duration latest(storage_used_percent) as latest_storage_used_percent, values(alert_fs_max_percent) as alert_fs_max_percent, values(alert_fs_min_time_seconds) as alert_fs_min_time_seconds, values(alert_threshold_source) as alert_threshold_source by frameID,host,env,mount | where (latest_storage_used_percent>=alert_fs_max_percent) AND (duration >= alert_fs_min_time_seconds) | eval "duration (hh:mm:ss)"=tostring(duration,"duration") | fields frameID,host,env,_time,mount,duration,"duration (hh:mm:ss)",latest_storage_used_percent,alert_fs_max_percent,alert_fs_min_time_seconds,alert_threshold_source.

Can someone help me pass numeric values in arguments to get the right response.

Thanks In Advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like default_alert_fs_max_percent and default_alert_fs_min_time_seconds are supposed to numbers, but are assigned quoted strings.  Try removing the quotation marks from | eval default_alert_fs_max_percent="$threshold$", default_alert_fs_min_time_seconds="$time$"

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...