Splunk Cloud Platform

Logs not being received in forwarder

NeharikaVats
Loves-to-Learn

Hello Community,

I am encountering the issue of logs not being received on two regions but successfully been received for another region.
Upon further investigating, we didn't observe any error in splunkd.log, inputs & outputs config are in place, there are no space issues as well.
What could be the possible reason for this if anyone can help me?
All our indexers & SH's are hosted in Splunk cloud.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Verify the inputs.conf and outputs.conf files are the same in all three regions.  Make sure they all have the latest Splunk Cloud certificate.

Confirm there are no firewalls blocking traffic between the third forwarder and Splunk Cloud.

When you looked at splunkd.log, were you looking on the forwarder or in the indexed logs.  It should be the former.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...