Splunk Cloud Platform

How to migrate splunk use cases from on premise to splunk cloud ?

rahulhari88
Explorer

Hi Team

Can some one help me ,what i should do to migrate items from on-premise SH to Splunk cloud ?
Like Lookup,ES use cases ,alerts created in search and reporting , reports and dashboards ?

Any step based resolution will be helpful . Can i do it alone or would it require on-demand support from splunk to do these migration ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rahulhari88
Explorer

How to Break the KOs out of the Search & Reporting app into a custom app ? Can you give an example ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming you have CLI access, it's easy to do by editing .conf files.

1. Create the new app directory $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<new app>/default
  2. Edit $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/*.conf
  3. Move your custom stanzas from the search app to the corresponding file in the new app.
  4. Create the new app directory $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<new app>/metadata
  5. Edit $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/metadata/local.meta
  6. Move your custom stanzas from the search app to the default.meta file in the new app.
  7. Restart the SH and test your KOs.
  8. Package the new app and upload it to Splunk Cloud.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is something normally handled by Professional Services as part of the migration.

You can do it yourself, however.  Break the KOs out of the Search & Reporting app into a custom app.  Then upload the app to Splunk Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...