Splunk Cloud Platform

How to add into Otel collector in AKS extra attributes?

yiyo33
Loves-to-Learn

I was able to deploy Otel collector into our AKS cluster to send logs to our splunk cloud instance. 

I´m able to see application pod logs successfully. 

I also was able to use the  option to add environment in the values.yaml  and after I configured it,  i´m able to see environment name  into our splunk instance logs. 

Now I would like to know if there is a way to add extra attributes ,the same way as environment, to have more filtering while searching into splunk, as we have multiple aks clusters 

I would like to add the  same way as environment , other values as: aksvale1, myvalue2, myvalue3 so that those values are also created and are able to be usable into splunk cloud queries.

I notice that in values.yaml there is this extra atribute option , but that is for adding tag in pods apps or namespaces.

Is there a native way to achieve this with same approach as environments?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...