Splunk Cloud Platform

How I can Innovate in splunk Cloud

vishenps
Path Finder

Merry Christmas Everyone!! 

I wanted to thank everyone in this community first because within 3 months as Jr. Splunk Admin this page has brought me a lot of Value. 
My Org asked me to focus on the Innovation part of Splunk cloud in the Year 2024 in my End of year review, While I'm thinking of:
-digging through apps in Splunk base
-reading articles

I would love to have suggestions from you all that how I can add some value other than doing maintenance tasks, what it really takes, any prerequisites? 
I know it's a generic question but any answer would help!!    

Thank you. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vishenps
Path Finder

Thank you, I will consider your valuable opinion for sure  @isoutamo @richgalloway 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vishenps
Path Finder

Thank you, I will consider your valuable opinion for sure  @isoutamo @richgalloway 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using Splunk Cloud to solve a problem at your organization.  For example:

Are all hosts up and running as expected?

Are any hosts running short on resources (free memory or disk space, CPU)?
Are all applications up and running as expected?

Has someone tried to brute-force their way into an account?

I'm sure you can think of others.  Check out the Splunk Security Essentials app for security-related suggestions.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

over those examples from @richgalloway I would like to point to set up your own development server (you can ask developer and/or dev/test license from splunk) and learn with this. That way you could do e.g. data on boarding much easier without disturbing your production. Also create your apps etc. with this dev environment and then install apps into splunk cloud.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...