Splunk Cloud Platform

Adding logs containing specific text to the panel in splunk dashboard

Jameskotch96
Explorer

I have a dashboard for my application. And in that dashboard, I have an empty panel created, to add the logs of that application when a certain exception occurs. So for that I have added a log.info object with some unique text in it. How do I configure the empty panel on the dashboard so that those specific logs containing unique text should be displayed in the panel for now on.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your dropdown token name is "environment", try this

env=$environment$ `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In your panel, define a table with a search query that finds the events with your specific text in.

0 Karma

Jameskotch96
Explorer

Hello @ITWhisperer I'm completely new to splunk, could you please be more specific about the query that I need to use?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with the search app - what search do you use to find the events you are interested in - for example

index=<your index> "string you want to find"
0 Karma

Jameskotch96
Explorer

@ITWhisperer I have a list of environments in a drop-down, so whenever I select a different environment, I should get the logs of that environment in that panel. How do I configure that

Right now my configuration is as follows:

env=dev `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your dropdown token name is "environment", try this

env=$environment$ `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...