Security

updating Linux OS version will not affect Splunk operations

pacifikn
Communicator

Greetings!!

Updating Linux OS version(Centos)  will not affect Splunk operations? I want to update my OS to the latest version, I wonder if this will not affect the Splunk operations or run into the issue?

I need your advice and guidance, Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
Esteemed Legend

Hi @pacifikn,

if the previous kernel version of Linux is in 2.6+, 3.x+, or 4.x+ or it hasn't a different architecture (32 vs 64 bit) you'll haven't any problem.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
Esteemed Legend

Hi @pacifikn,

if the previous kernel version of Linux is in 2.6+, 3.x+, or 4.x+ or it hasn't a different architecture (32 vs 64 bit) you'll haven't any problem.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

pacifikn
Communicator

Thank you so much @gcusello  for your kind support,

I have checked my kernel of all servers and find all have 3.10.0-957.12.1.e17.x86_64, based on your answer, if understand you well, with this version it will not cause the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
Esteemed Legend

Hi @pacifikn,

yes.

Anyway, use always the usual attention to have a snapshot of your system or, at least, of the splunk folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Cloud | Empowering Splunk Administrators with Admin Config Service (ACS)

Greetings, Splunk Cloud Admins and Splunk enthusiasts! The Admin Configuration Service (ACS) team is excited ...

Tech Talk | One Log to Rule Them All

One log to rule them all: how you can centralize your troubleshooting with Splunk logs We know how important ...

Splunk Security Content for Threat Detection & Response, Q1 Roundup

Join Principal Threat Researcher, Michael Haag, as he walks through: An introduction to the Splunk Threat ...