Security

searches skipped in the last 24hours. 500 internal server error. insufficient permission to access this resource

mfonisso
Explorer

when i try running a search on my Splunk enterprise in the search and reporting app i get the "insufficient permission to access this resource" message.  i tried to click on  the things under settings and i get the "500 internal server error" message and there's this severe warning message in my search scheduler that says "searches skipped in the last 24 hours"
how do i troubleshoot these and get my splunk enterprise running normally again?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mfonisso
Explorer

I've been able to resolve the issues. I made some changes to the configuration files and everything is working perfectly ok now

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mfonisso
Explorer

I've been able to resolve the issues. I made some changes to the configuration files and everything is working perfectly ok now

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mfonisso,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mfonisso,

what are the resources of your Splunk server?

Splunk requires at least 12 CPUs and 12 GB RAM (more if you have ES or ITSI) and a disk with at least 800 IOPS.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mfonisso
Explorer

how do I check my resources, please? although up until 2 days ago my Splunk has been operating well

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...