Security

changing Indexer receiver port

Rajshekhar

We have indexer installed on windows server which is connected to many forwarders(linux servers).
Right now we are using port 9997 as receiver port in Indexer server, we have lots of data in indexer.

Now we need to change the receiver port from existing 9997 to some other port.

1)after changing the port in Splunk indexer, will I be able to search all the past data which was indexed using port 9997?

2)Will I get latest data using new port without any issues?

3)Are there any special modifications we need to do for this to work properly?
Please let me know how I can change the port without causing any issues in existing data.

Thanks|

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

I answer your question inline as bellow.

1)after changing the port in Splunk indexer, will I be able to search all the past data which was indexed using port 9997?

Yes. The past data is already stored in index server, you can search them without problem.

2)Will I get latest data using new port without any issues?
Yes, you can get data with new port. But you need to change configuration of all forwarders. If you use deployment server, you can deploy new configuration to all forwarder easily. If not, you need to change them manually.

3)Are there any special modifications we need to do for this to work properly?
Please let me know how I can change the port without causing any issues in existing data.

It does not affect existing data. Most problem I think is to change configuration of all forwarders.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...