Security

change default splunk login web page

Motivator

I require and RSA pin&tokencode to be entered in the password field on the splunk login page.

My managment has asked if I can change the word PASSWORD on the login screen to PIN & TokenCode

I think the place to do this is the;

share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/account/login.html

on this line;

<p>
<label for="password"><%doc>TRANS: Prompt the user to enter their password to login</%doc>${_('Pin & TokenCode')}</label><br />
<input type="password" name="password" id="password" ${'' if enable_login_form else 'disabled="true"'} />
</p>

I would like to put these changes in the /system/local/something.file so that the change does not get overwritten with updates.

Where should I put the custom modification and what should the file name be?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Legend

There is no local version of this file AFAIK. I think you should make a backup copy of your edits, and then reinstall them at each update.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Legend

There is no local version of this file AFAIK. I think you should make a backup copy of your edits, and then reinstall them at each update.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Legend

You CAN easily add HTML text to the page, though - forgot to mention this earlier. Edit (or create) $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf

Add

[settings]
login_content = <content_string>`

Replace `` with whatever you want, including HTML

Motivator

Not what I was hoping to here. I will mark this answered even though I don't like the answer.

Thanks for the help 🙂

0 Karma