Security

change default splunk login web page

hartfoml
Motivator

I require and RSA pin&tokencode to be entered in the password field on the splunk login page.

My managment has asked if I can change the word PASSWORD on the login screen to PIN & TokenCode

I think the place to do this is the;

share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/account/login.html

on this line;

<p>
<label for="password"><%doc>TRANS: Prompt the user to enter their password to login</%doc>${_('Pin & TokenCode')}</label><br />
<input type="password" name="password" id="password" ${'' if enable_login_form else 'disabled="true"'} />
</p>

I would like to put these changes in the /system/local/something.file so that the change does not get overwritten with updates.

Where should I put the custom modification and what should the file name be?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

There is no local version of this file AFAIK. I think you should make a backup copy of your edits, and then reinstall them at each update.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

There is no local version of this file AFAIK. I think you should make a backup copy of your edits, and then reinstall them at each update.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You CAN easily add HTML text to the page, though - forgot to mention this earlier. Edit (or create) $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf

Add

[settings]
login_content = <content_string>`

Replace `` with whatever you want, including HTML

hartfoml
Motivator

Not what I was hoping to here. I will mark this answered even though I don't like the answer.

Thanks for the help 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...