Security

cant able to login localhost8000 splunk enterprise

rameshren

i cant able to login splunk enterprise ,,everytime showing invalid username and password ,,,in localhost8000 websites

Tags (1)
0 Karma

manos1445

Can not login to localhost8000 splunk enterprise.  I have install Splunk 7.2.4. I have already tried to login with admin/changeme and is not working.

0 Karma

Super Champion

have you tried below default username and password-
Username: admin
Password: changeme

0 Karma

rameshren

yes i did,,i can able to login splunk website but cant able to login into splunk enterprise server

0 Karma

Super Champion

splunk website login is not same as splunk server login

0 Karma

rameshren

how to reset

0 Karma

rameshren

i did download when i start splunk enterprise i rooted into localhost8000 website from the beginning i couldnt able to login i tried default but i couldnt ,,,how to reset password

0 Karma

Super Champion

please try above suggestion

0 Karma

Super Champion

To reset the admin password you will need to have access to the file system:
- move/rename the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd file to passwd.bak
- restart splunk. After the restart you should be able to login using the default login (admin/changeme).

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi rameshren what version of Splunk do you have? It could be possible that you are using the new release with a default password policy.

0 Karma

rameshren

splunk 7.1.1 version and window8 64bit

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...