Security

cannot upload with "proxy error"

w0000641

I cannot upload log file from web-service.

Splunk said "('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden',)) ".

How can I fix it ?

web_service.log

2018-11-30 11:23:33,822 ERROR [5c009f25217f83e0333050] proxy:200 - ('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden',))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/proxy.py", line 163, in index return self.uploadFile(args, sessionKey, uri)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/proxy.py", line 267, in uploadFile verify=False #allow self signed certificates
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 88, in post return request('post', url, data=data, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 44, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 456, in request resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 559, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 378, in send raise ProxyError(e)
ProxyError: ('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden',))

0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator

Hi,

have a look at this answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/210955/data-uploader-why-am-i-receiving-a-cannot-connect.html#ans...

"What happens if you try and set this in splunk-launch.conf
no_proxy=127.0.0.1,localhost"

Greetings,
Jacob

0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator

Does it work now?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...