Security

Windows Performance Monitor Logs

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

I have a windows machine with UF installed on that machine. How can I configure my Universal forwarder to ingest windows performance monitoring logs into SPLUNK. Our Windows Source server is located in different location SPLUNK should be getting performance data from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash ,

I don't know why, but the form adds a part to the address.

remove all the chars after 742 in the url address.

or go in apps.splunk.com and search Splunk Add-On for Windows.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried installing the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742) on that UF?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello @richgalloway ,

Thank you so much for your quick response. Regarding the Add On, I haven't, but you link is not working.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash ,

please use this: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742

remember to copy the inputs.conf file in a local folder (to create) and to enable (disabled = 0) the inputs you need because, by default, all the inputs are disabled.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

SplunkDash
Motivator

@gcusello 

Thank you so much for your quick response. The link you sent to me is not working and getting blank screen. When you get a chance, please send the name of the Add On, so I can search for it in Splunk base. Thank you again!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash ,

I don't know why, but the form adds a part to the address.

remove all the chars after 742 in the url address.

or go in apps.splunk.com and search Splunk Add-On for Windows.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...