Security

Why is the dashboard using input field will not show a table ldapsearch?

vincenp2

I have a dashboard which carries out an ldapsearch when CN is input using an input field
currently it returns all details, but I would like it to return a table if possible showing just cn and mail

current search generated in dashboard is:

| ldapsearch search="(objectclass=user)" | search $cn_field$

if I add | table cn mail to the end of this search it seems to be ignored

If I run this as a normal search, and use a specific CN instead of $cn_field$ I can get it to work and report as a table
e.g.

| ldapsearch search="(objectclass=user)" | search xyz123 | table cn mail

this results in a table showing the CN of xyz123, and the associated email address

Can anyone advise as to how I can get a table to be produced using an input field please?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi vincenp2,
I created a dashboard like the one you want searching for name, status and expiring year, my search was

| ldapsearchsearch="(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"attrs="displayName,givenName,sn,distinguishedName,objectCategory,sAMAccountName,sAMAccountType,description,accountExpires,userAccountControl"
| search $text$ $status$ accountExpires="$year$*" 

if you want to search only about name try

| ldapsearchsearch="(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"attrs="displayName,givenName,sn,distinguishedName,objectCategory,sAMAccountName,sAMAccountType,description,accountExpires,userAccountControl"
| search $text$ 

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vincenp2

hi Giuseppe, many thanks for getting back to me so quickly - I would have liked to have been able to create a table if possible, however what you have provided allows me to do what I need and just present certain elements of the output

Thanks again, it is much appreciated 🙂

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi vincenp2,
I created a dashboard like the one you want searching for name, status and expiring year, my search was

| search $text$ $status$ accountExpires="$year$*" 

if you want to search only about name try

| search $text$ 

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...