Security

Where to configure global permissions for app

tbalouch
Path Finder

Hey guys,

I have an app in a cluster that I would like to have global permissions to all apps. I can change this from my search head gui but when I deploy configuration bundle from my cluster master it goes back to app permissions from global. Would someone know where to specify this setting to be global in the config files so I don't have to manually keep changing it back global after i do a cluster bundle deployment?

Tags (3)

Lamar
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You're looking for this:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/admin/Defaultmetaconf

My question would be is do you want to 'globalize' all of the assets within the app or just, for example; props, transforms, views?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...