Security

Where is the IT Essentials Work create entity button?

manderson7
Contributor

We've done a new install of IT Essentials work, and was trying to add entities, but don't have the create entity button. My account has itoa_admin, itoa_analyst, itoa_user roles assigned. I do have a create entity type button, but there are no configured entity types. I have installed the AWS & nix content packs. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

@manderson7 - Was this issue fixed? I am facing something similar in ITE work app setup too.

0 Karma

manderson7
Contributor

Unfortunately not. I moved on to other work, and this was dropped. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a solid product, but this stopped us moving forward.

0 Karma

pnodine1
Engager

I ran into the same problem.  Here is how I solved it.

This document states "If your role doesn't have write access to Global team, the New Entity button isn't available."  https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.14.1/Entity/ImportCSV

I also had internal error logs "Unknown role 'winfra-admin'."

I created the role winfra-admin and ran 'splunk cmd python itsi_reset_default_team.py' and the button appeared.

Tags (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...